HIV PrEP Kayenta AZ: Clinic Offering HIV Prevention Treatment (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis)
The Daily Pill For HIV Prevention
Why PrEP?Kayenta AZ PrEP for HIV is designed for the HIV-negative population that may be more susceptible to getting HIV. It can give you the peace of mind that allows you to have the sex you want. Make an appointment today and get PrEP for HIV in Kayenta AZ.
Who’s At Risk?Those that may be more susceptible to getting HIV:
- If you don’t normally use condoms
- You have more than one sexual partner
- If you’re in a relationship with someone who has HIV
- Those that have shared needles when injecting drugs in the past 6 months
- Your sexual partner has injected drugs in the past 6 months
- You’re not sure of your needle-sharing or sexual partners’ HIV status
What is PrEP and How does it work?
This is a prescription medication that – when taken every day – has been shown to decrease the risk of HIV infection in susceptible populations by 92%-99%. It works by interfering with HIVs ability to duplicate itself which in turn stops the virus from establishing an infection.
- HIV PrEP does not protect against STI’s so condoms are still recommended to prevent the spread of other infections.
- This medication is for pre-exposure to HIV. You must have a confirmed HIV-negative test to take this medication.
- If you believe you have been exposed to HIV in Kayenta AZ already, then speak to your provider about PEP – a series of pills for post-exposure HIV prevention. When PEP is complete, you may be eligible to start PrEP after a short wait period to ensure you are HIV negative after finishing PEP.
Serving Kayenta AZ
You and your Kayenta AZ healthcare provider will determine if PrEP for HIV is right for you. Those that need PrEP will need to maintain routine appointments every 3 months to ensure you are still HIV negative and closely monitor any side effects that are not normally experienced by the majority of PrEP users. See how convenient our appointments are.
Other Locations We Serve:
[page-generator-pro-related-links output_type=”list_links” link_title=”%title” limit=”10″ columns=”2″ parent_title=”%title” next_title=”%title »” prev_title=”« %title” post_status=”publish” orderby=”rand” order=”asc”]
The Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) is a virus that can plus to AIDS, a deadly disease. If you’re wondering what HIV is and how it affects the body, read on. You’ll learn just about the symptoms, transmission, and treatment as capably as ways to prevent contraction.
AIDS is a condition in which the body’s immune system has been very damaged by HIV infection. People later AIDS have problems deed off infections and clear cancers because their immune system doesn’t be in properly. This makes them vulnerable to opportunistic infections and diseases that healthy people normally don’t get, such as pneumonia or tuberculosis. The average epoch from infection in the same way as HIV to developing AIDS is 10 years but this time become old can range from 3-12 years, depending upon different factors such as age, overall health status at the period of infection, and right of entry to treatment.
It’s not always simple talking more or less HIV suitably we’ve created this blog declare for you! We hope you’ll locate this.